Original Post By:
||Date: 1/29/2018 11:25:43 AM
|I've been checking Youtube for coverage of new ukulele and there seems to be very little. I was looking for the Ukulele underground guys and nothing seems to be there. Am I missing something???|
||Date: 2/4/2018 1:27:33 PM
(Updated: 2/5/2018 2:24:33 PM)
|Well, this bulletin board doesn't really focus on annual novelties on the market, a forum like the Ukulele Underground or a website like ukulelemag.com do that more (but does less for vintage ukes, f.e.).|
But if you want the basics for the winter Namm 2018 ukulele news, here's the briefs:
• Magic Fluke: the solid body fluke bass (along with lots of non-uke new instruments, like a 5-string banjo)
• Pepe Romero: new concert scale import version of the Tiny Tenor; a tenor import version of the Romero custom tenor (all mango, all mahogany or spruce-top).
• Ohana: Pineapple Sopraninos and Sopranissimos both all solid mahogany, and spruce/mahogany; guitarlele; tenor guitar; baritone body matched to a tenor neck; ukulele-shaped stomp box; colored entry level Onina models; 5-string concert; martin replica
• Seagull: acoustic-electric ukulele, in a steel and nylon string version.
• Blackbird: full switch from fiberglass to ekoa; optional unidirectional weave
• Kanile'a: 2018 Platinum ukulele; improved TRU bracing and arm bevels on all models
• Takumi/Kiwaya/Famous: 3K concert ukulele; taropatch
• KoAloha: redesigned made in Indonesia KoAlana line below their Opio line (latter made in China); changed headstocks; Opio D-VI guitarlele; semi-custom red-label line; new Classic 2 acacia model finished in Hawaii.
• Goldtone: plastic banjolele
• Kala: super tenors; Journeyman U-bass with f-holes
• Kamaka: more customization options after the centennial celebration (deluxe II in soprano or long neck soprano)
• Mike Pereira: California series acoustic uke made out of all solid California walnut.
• Ortega: several new series, including an ebony one.
• d'Adarrio: Premium ukulele straps, elliptical felt picks, an aluminum ukulele capo, and several new varieties of strings
• Amahi: Snail and Penguin series, and a brand new banjo ukulele line
• Fender: California Coast line
• Luna: expanded Great Wave series, bamboo ukuleles
• Cordoba: 21 series with spruce top and stripe ebony back/sides, in alle sizes
||Date: 2/8/2018 10:23:54 AM
(Updated: 2/8/2018 10:25:41 AM)
|Thank you Karl. I appreciate the overview and the time you took to write it.