Original Post By:
||Date: 7/20/2019 11:57:36 AM
|THE BIGGEST UKULELE FESTIVAL in the U.S. (outside of Hawaii)|
The Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival has something for everyone and is the only festival of its kind where one can enjoy all-star performances all-day by today’s hottest ukulele talent plus access to all the workshops, all for $45 for the day.
2019 Artists and Workshop Instructors:
Jim & Liz Beloff; Bryan Tolentino; Herb Ohta, Jr; Craig Chee; Sarah Maisel; Bakithi Kumalo (bass player for Paul Simon); Mitch Chang; Musical Mama; Uke Adventure Around The World; Christopher Davis-Shannon; among others
When: Saturday, September 28, 2019 all day
Where: Torrance Cultural Arts Center
Tickets (Workshops & Performances): $45; $20 students with ID at the door; free for kids 12 & under
Beatles Jam with Jim Beloff Friday night Sept 27, the night before the festival: Join Jumpin' Jim for an hour of strumming through Beatles songs with periodic stops to extol the songwriting genius of the Liverpool lads and a bit of history behind each song (5:30pm-6:30pm). Then from 6:30-8:30pm it'll be open mic and an exclusive chance to mix and mingle with the festival artists in an intimate setting. $25 (food & drink not included). Tickets: www.kalakoa.tix.com
Lots of KILLER prizes you can win this year: Kanilea and Islander ukuleles, Henriksen Bud amps, custom festival ukulele by Brothers Ukes and Cornerstone, a year's supply of Ernie Ball strings and so much more!
Get your tickets today! www.kalakoa.tix.com and check out the website at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com
||Date: 7/27/2019 10:52:22 AM
|Thanks Mitch, once again you have a great group of ukulele artists and masters lined up for us lucky SoCal folks. Really looking forward to seeing Jim and Liz, Sarah and Craig and of course all the other great artists.. Don't miss a great festival people!!!
||Date: 8/11/2019 11:52:19 AM
- only about 10 more spots left for Jim Beloff's Beatles Uke Jam! get your ticket before they're gone: www.kalakoa.tix.com
- there have been some updates to the schedule, click on the clipboard icon at the top of each page of the website to view
- Bernadette (aka Bernadette Teaches Music on Youtube) will be teaching a class for complete beginners, please tell your friends who are new to ukulele
- even more drawing prizes to be won! Kanilea, Islander, Koaloha, Nalu and more!
- those who want to get out and play more may be interested in the workshop "turn your ukulele into gigs and cash"
Tickets for the festival on sale at www.kalakoa.tix.com or 800-595-4849
~~~ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF AWAY~~~